The Quick Summary option allows you to display the short summary of a post as a part of the respective post content. It helps the readers to gain a quick insight about the post.
To access this option, you will first need to install and activate the Rishi Pro plugin and then activate the Advanced Blogging extension.
Activating the Advanced Blogging Extension #
You can access the Advanced Blogging Extension via Dashboard > Appearance > Rishi Theme > Extensions > Pro Extensions. Then click the Activate button to get the Advanced Blogging extension to work.
Once the extension is activated, you can access the Quick Summary setting via Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Advanced Blogging > Quick Summary.
General Workflow #
Please follow the video or the below steps to add a quick summary to your site posts:
- Visit the post editor of the post for which you want to add the Quick summary.
- Click on Post Settings.
- Enter the summary for the post inside the Quick Summary field and click on Done.
- Click Update.
- Visit Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Advanced Blogging > Quick Summary.
- Enable the option to Show Quick Summary and enter the Quick Summary Label.
- Visit Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Posts / Pages > Single Post.
- Unhide the Quick Summary Post element.
- Click on Publish.
Quick Summary Frontend View #
Once you successfully add a Quick Summary, this is how it will appear on your website.
General Setting #
The following are the different settings provided under the General Settings tab:
Show Quick Summary: Enabling this option will allow you to show a quick summary for your single posts.
Quick Summary Label: You can enter the Quick Summary label here.
Design Setting #
The following are the different options provided under the Design settings tab:
Font: Choose your preferred summary font setting.
Font Color: Select the font color for the summary.
Background Color: Select the background color for the summary section.