The Rishi Theme offers a range of starter templates using which you can start your brand new site. You can import any of the available starter templates with just a few clicks. Importing a template will also import the needed pages as well as the actual theme options settings.
Here’s a step by step video tutorial:
You can also follow the below steps to install a starter template:
1. Navigate to Appearance > Rishi Theme
2. Click on the Starter Sites tab
3. Click on Install Rishi Starter Templates. It will start installing the Demo Importer Plus plugin.
4. Once the plugin is installed, click on Browse Rishi Starter Templates button. You will see the list of available templates.
5. Choose the template you want to import. You can import the complete site or a single template individually. If you are starting a new site, we recommend importing the complete site so you can get all the styles and settings imported.
To import the complete site, click on Import Complete Site button and follow the process.
Please be patient and don’t navigate away, as this can take a few minutes depending on your host’s performance.
You will be notified once the process is completed and then you can check the results.
- The more images a starter site has, the longer the import process may take. If the import process fails to import, it’s most likely because your server PHP max_execution_time setting is set too low.
- Make sure your site hosting provides the following PHP configuration for a smooth import process:
php_value upload_max_filesize 128M
php_value post_max_size 128M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300
If you’re unfamiliar with editing PHP settings, your hosting company will be able to handle this for you.
If you face any issues while importing the starter site, please reach out to our support team for assistance.